Reproduction in the age of developed cameras and the loss of aura

Benjamin indicates how there is no “typical distance” with the reproduction of films. Which is happening nowadays: whenever you want to see something or look back at it, you can use your phone and check it as it will always be there, which eliminates the uniqueness of that specific thing in that specific moment. Finding something everywhere is not the same as thinking that this thing will be just at this place and that I will have that experience at that specific moment and at that specific museum or place.

I can sum up with a personal example: two days ago, I took a picture of the sunrise and shared it with people who had just seen it without even liking it; likewise, when I saw that view once again, I was concentrated and left my phone and looked at the sunrise for more time than just looking at it and taking a picture. Finally, the use of newly developed cameras and applications to capture moments with details has not changed a thing; it captures the moment and keeps it, but it still cannot give the audience the same sensation because it is only through the aura that you experience the real presence of a work of art.